Sunday, August 28, 2005

A Standard Old Saturday

My lovely C made dinner for us tonight - a lovely spicy sausage casserole. While he cooked, I read him excerpts from the book "Boy", a novella of Roald Dahl's memories from his school days. It is completely delightful. Mental note: Read more of his books, after getting through the following list of the best novels of the twentieth century. All this reading will take me through to the twenty third century. And then there will be another couple of lists to read through!
C set up his music computer today and we spent part of the afternoon mucking about with his midi composer and warbling into the headset - we all had a go and it was a fair bit of fun. I bought a new keyboard for his computer earlier in the week, and it turned out that the "W" stuck, so we took it back to the shop this morning. I completely embarrassed myself by poking the shop man in the arm quite hard while he was demonstrating the faulty w, saying "See, see it does stick". C calls this my stage mother persona. I regretted it as soon as I had done it and slunk away to another corner of the shop. I was lucky he didn't punch me, I reckon.
We also had an adventure to our local Mitre 10 hardware store and bought various electrical fittings, laundry baskets, garbage bins and the like. A completely riveting shopping trip.
After we came home I had a glorious 2 hour sleep - I love the fact that C doesn't mind me having a sleep on the weekends. He works at home and often doesn't get up till late and has naps whenever he feels like it. I stay up later at night with him in the computer room during the week. By the time Saturday comes around, I'm pooped. A Saturday morning sleep-in is not a possibility as the midget has early-morning ballet! 9am on a Saturday is criminal! So my weekend naps are just the best kind of luxury. The midget is becoming more and more independent and can amuse herself. C keeps an eye on her and they often do stuff together.
Our ever-growing guinea pig family welcomed the arrival of 5 (!) new babies on Wednesday. Despite their cuteness, I was quite peeved at this. After the last set of arrivals (3 live, 1 still-born) I said no more babies!! Boys and girls completely separated. However C's sister thought that she knew better because they looked lonely. It only took an hour, and the cycle of life continues. Yesterday the three older offspring made a journey to the pet shop, and on Monday, the firstborn, Joel becomes the class pet at the midget's school. And then we go back to having two adults and five babies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home