Monday, August 08, 2005

Migraines

This is a boring and way too technical topic for a blog post. However I'm going to entertain it for a little while, however it may not entertain you.
I've just had a migraine that has lasted for three days. And it was just bloody awful.
I started getting these headaches about two and a half years ago. I thought they were something to do with an old filling that I thought had fallen out of my tooth and exposed a nerve. At this point I hadn't been to the dentist in 17 years. I had post-braces dental trauma and morbid fear of dentists.
However, I braved a visit to find out that my filling was completely intact and I didn't have a single cavity, just a whole heap of tartar. The dentist did enquire though, about the status of my wisdom teeth. A little x-ray later, and a clearer picture emerged of wisdom teeth with nowhere to go and roots growing straight into the roots of all my other teeth.
A year ago last Friday I had my wisdom teeth removed, all four in one go. What a freakin' nightmare. 49 weeks ago I got the worst migraine that I had ever had. Hence, wisdom teeth had nothing to do with migraines. Aaaaargh.
Then I had a brain MRI. No tumour. No abnormality. (Alzheimers has not set in yet, no matter how dazed I feel at times).
Hence no explanation for the migraines. Could be a food allergy, stress, etc. Who knows. However, they are just awful.
My good friend Salome used to get migraines, I'm not sure if she still does. I know that she sourced some of her migraines as being allergic to cinnamon (!) which was a real blow to her given to her predilection for pastries. Now she just eats shortcrust pastry dough. Yuk.

On a different note, I have been getting a lot of hits on my site by people referencing "muffin tops" on search engines. All the hits have been from the USA. What the??? Has the muffin top syndrome just emerged there? One dude left a comment on my muffin top post saying he though they were very sexy (and I think he was quite upset about the negative tone of my post). To each his own. If I wanted to I could generate some very fine muffin-top action of my own. The difference is I have self-respect and just choose not to.

On a funnier note, somebody from Israel found my site by doing a search on the words "hasidic breasts". How funny is that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home