Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Me Me Me

I've never done one of these online quizzes before. I like the idea. They reveal interesting things about a person. I also think they could possibly inspire further blog posts. I'd do anything for inspiration ha!
1) First name: Not Edna. A saint's name starting with C. My mother was going to call me Jane, but that rhymed with my surname and sounded very silly.
2) Were you named after anyone?: Not intentionally, I believe. However recent family history research shows a long incidence of this name for many generations, including both my grandmothers, although neither were known by the name.
3) Do you wish on stars?: Nope. But my little girl does, and I like to go along with that.
4) When did you last cry?: Yesterday. I cry a lot. I am a woos. From fragility, uncertainty, sometimes an ephemeral sense of happiness.
5) Do you like your handwriting?: Yes! I'm quite proud of it in a stupid pedantic way. When I ocasionally have to do old-fashioned accounting ledgers in long-hand, they look quite beautiful (if I say so myself).
6) What is your favourite lunch meat?: I love the chicken that they do at Rumpole's Cafe at the Supreme Court in Darwin. I'm not sure what other ingredients are in it, but it is divine (mind you I haven't had it for six years).
7) What is your most embarrassing CD?: Madonna - Erotica
8) If you were another person, would you be friends with you?:Hmmm. I'm definitely hard to get to know. The best friends that I have in my life knew me before certain events changed who I was forever. I actually seem to be able to make friends with men easier than women as I'm not so good with typical "girl-talk". I would persist with me, get a hint of my searing wit, and want to go back for more. Jeez I'm modest.
9) Do you have a journal?: I bought a beautiful journal from the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam last October. I was completely inspired by visiting Anne Frank's house . However the inspiration lasted exactly two weeks before the "lazy-cowness" overtook the inspiration and the journal writing came to a screeching halt. I also bought another beautiful journal in Vienna in the hopes that the first one would be filled very quickly. I ended up giving that one away as a birthday present. Since then, this blog has been a little like a journal for me.
10) Do use sarcasm a lot?: Definitely. But my friend Salome is the sarcasm master.
11) What are your nicknames?: Bub, Mumbo Jumbo
12) Would you bungee jump?: Yep
13) Do you untie your shoes before taking them off?: Never. I am one of the laziest people alive.
14) Do you think that you are strong?: Not at all
15) What is your favourite ice cream flavour?: Licorice
16) Shoe size?: 8
17) Red or pink?: In my youth, definitely RED! Now a nice salmon pink is just loverlly
18) What is your least favourite thing about yourself?: My complete and overwhelming disdain for housework and cooking
19) Who do you miss most?: Mum, Uncle Brian
20) Do you want everyone you send this to, to send it back?: I'm not going to send it to anyone, but if anyone I know reads it I'd be interested to read their responses.
21) What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Black trousers - still got the corporate suit on. Have brown leather clogs and socks on my feet - tis very cold in this house and they are my favourite house shoes.
22) What are you listening to right now?: A guy named Carus. He supported Dave Matthews at the Palais in Melbourne a few months ago and we bought his CD- just a guy playing guitar singing his heart out - love it.
23) Last thing you ate?: Slice of tasty cheese and before that Combination Satay at our local Japanese/Chinese restaurant.
24) If you were a crayon, what color would you be?: Dark blue or purple
25) What is the weather like right now?: Fairly cold (winter in Victoria) about 8 C outside.
26) Last person you talked to on the phone?: C's sister. A fairly uninspiring conversation about guinea pigs, believe it or not
27) The first thing you notice about the opposite sex?: Teeth, smell, eyes
28) Do you like the person who sent this to you?: No-one sent this to me, I found it on a nice blog "Yes, YelloCello"
29) Favorite Drink?: Diet Coke. Can absolutely not get through the day with out it.
30) Favorite Sport?: Participating - netball. Watching - gymnastics or swimming
31) Hair Colour?: Dark brown with an alarmingly increasing number of greys
32) Eye Colour?: Green
33) Do you wear contacts?: Glasses. Have never gotten around to getting contacts - I told you I was lazy.
34) Favorite Food?: Pasta, licorice, musk sticks, mandarines, crumpets with honey, mango, hot cross buns, raisin toast, and I could go on....
35) Last Movie You Watched?: Herbie....uggggh...see previous post. Last movie unaccompanied by 6 year old, The Devil's Arithmetic
36) Favorite Day Of The Year?: A tie between the midget's birthday and C's birthday.
37) Scary Movies Or Happy Endings?: Definitely happy endings
38) Summer Or Winter?: I like spring and autumn - bugger the extremes - neither is too pleasant
39) Hugs OR Kisses?: Can't choose. Hugs are very nourishing, and kisses can be yummy.
40) What Is Your Favorite Dessert?: Pavlova
41) Who Is Most Likely To Respond?: Maybe Serge - I'm hoping Yaksox for a laugh....
42) Who Is Least Likely To Respond?: Too hard
43) What Books Are You Reading?: Isabel Allende's latest - I cant remember the name of the story - very enjoyable so far.
44) What's On Your Mouse Pad?: No mousepad - optical mouse
45) What Did You Watch Last night on TV?: Dont have a TV!
46) Favourite Smells?: The smell of rain approaching before a tropical storm, Chanel No 5, C's skin, mangoes
47) Favorite Sounds?: The midget's uncontrollable laughter, C's excitable geeky laugh, music from the past
48) Rolling Stones or Beatles?: Definitely the Beatles - no contest
49) What's the furthest you've been from home?: London, Vienna, New York, all about the same distance away from home.
50) Do you have a special talent?: Avoiding housework
51) What is your ring tone?: I detest mobile phones - mostly I am uncontactable except when I am at home or in the office - the rest of the time is my time and everything else can wait....

1 Comments:

Blogger yak sox said...

I thought about it, I just don't have the attention span for that kind of thing.

2:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home