Friday, August 26, 2005

Useless Stuff

Does anybody out there own lots of useless stuff?
Before Christmas sometime I bought a food processor. I had lay-by'd it months earlier and carefully paid it off with the remnants of the household budget.I thought this thing would revolutionise my life. It can do backflips for chrissakes. I also thought it would inspire in me a love of cooking.
I cant believe that I actually forgot I bought it. I found it in the computer room on the weekend under a bunch of junk. I haven't even opened the box.
I want to take back all the useless stuff I have ever bought and get refunds. I would then have enough money to buy a fairly decent house or a yacht or somethin, outright.
I liked the idea of that food-processor so much. I had vague ideas that I would love the results, but detest cleaning those blades. When you chop an onion with a knife, you only have to wash the knife and the chopping board. When you chop an onion with processor, there are blades and tiny bits of onion in every nook and cranny.
Then there are the boxes of books that I bought to sell on e-bay. To C's chagrin they are lying around everywhere. When I wasn't working last year, selling stuff on ebay became a bit of a hobby. I was making money out of it too, but only a couple of hundred a week, not as much as my working wage. I bought loads of old books and postcards wholesale at the best auction house I've ever been to. Unbeknownst to me I actually bought some rare items. I sold one book for US $130 - and I bought the four boxes of books that held this book for AU $60. I put this decrepit old library book on ebay for $3, and it sold for $90.00 - it turns out it was a rare first edition of a book about the IRA. So you just never know.
However, I just cant be stuffed at the moment.
If I ever became a millionaire (this is extrememly unlikely as I do not even buy lottery tickets) I'd love to be an antique dealer. I just love old stuff.
We are off to netball soon. A very late game - 9.40pm. C's dad will be here soon to watch the midget. Wish us luck. It would be so nice to just win one game.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melodee said...

Edna, what a lovely blog you have! (And I so agree with you about food processors.) I apologize for not stopping by sooner--I noticed you left a comment on my blog awhile back, but in all the hullaballoo with Eleanor, my bratty commenter, I didn't get over here to say hello. So, hello! I added your blog to my bloglines list, so I'll be able to read you regularly. :)

1:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home