Sunday, August 14, 2005

The Bitterness of Disappointment

Oh I'm cranky. Bloody Australian Youth Choir. We turn up today with a very excited little girl in hand to be told she is ineligible to audition because she is two months too young. NOWHERE does it say this in the literature. It also wasn't mentioned to me when I enquired about the auditions over the phone.
She was so disappointed. She cried softly in the back of the car all the way home. She had been practicing singing and was very excited. I've sent them an email, lets hope they have the balls to answer me back.
Memories of my own personal disappointments came flooding back - aaach. I've been like a bear with a sore head all day. Its just so unfair to her. She sobbed, "Why does there have to be such a thing as age?" Oh the sweet poppet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home