Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Los Angeles, Melbourne oh Goodie.....

Well it seems that terrorists have announced to the world their next targeted cities. No-one seems sure if it is a credible source.
Announcing a target seems a strange thing to do. Wouldn't it be easier to just keep the element of surprise? The people of LA and Melbourne will be all prepared! And then the terrorists will bomb the heck out of Boston and Sydney.
I can be all blase and smart-arsed, but I do live 70km from Melbourne. Yippee. Just another thing to obsess and worry about. There is a website called werenotafraid.com that has had about a kazillion hits. I'm thinking of creating a website called "www.imslightlyafraidandwishididnotlivenearmelbourne.com" and feature lots of photos of me being snivelly. Seriously though, you know, of all the places in all the world. I'm dropping the midget off at Melbourne airport next week to fly to Sydney to spend a week at her Nanna's for the school holidays. Airports also make me apprehensive. I'm never quite happy about flying, or putting my loved ones on planes.
Los Angeles however, could do with a bit of a razz up....only jokes. I think "LA" and I dont think Hollywood or glamour. I think LA airport, East Coast Airport closures, LA smog, strip searches and the angriest I've ever been with anyone in customer service. But I will leave that rant about my experience in LA airport last January for another time.

3 Comments:

Blogger jazz said...

those people in l.a. have facials and hair appointments to worry about. their audition schedules leave no room for worrying about terrorism...

8:06 am  
Blogger Cathy said...

Hey Ninotchka, thanks for dropping by. You're lucky you're in Dallas, terrorists are scared of Texans (or at least that's what GBW thinks)
Jazz I think some New Yorkers are also a bit busy to worry about terrorism any more. So many library boys, so little time! ;)

9:40 pm  
Blogger jazz said...

ha! i think library boy is slowly making an exit...[sigh]

next!

4:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home