Monday, March 28, 2005

Counter Wars

My lovely computer geek other half C helped me redesign my blog last night. He also helped me put on a really groovy counter that gives me all sorts of statistics. He also created his own new website last night. He posts scripts for his favourite open source software on it. He is a very active member of this particular software's community and so we have been comparing site hits. His is rapidly escalating into the hundreds whereas mine has been stagnant at 15 for about 8 hours now. Not happy.
He keeps telling me I have to provide more for my readers. Readers, I'm sorry to tell you that I have given you my all. Well I have only really started giving you my all.
I'm going to describe the cacophany of noise in the computer room at the moment. We have one bedroom of our house set up with puters, three on at the moment, all with two screens each. We have Dave Matthews band blaring out of the speakers, the five year old loudly doing an educational maths programme on the other computer and me madly typing. Bushy the errant cat is protesting loudly about being kept inside. We are all candidates for industrial deafness. C is quiet. He looks like he is browsing (probably logging up hits on his own site grrr...).
We went to see the Dave Matthews Band at the Palais in Melbourne the other night. Well worth it. I loved the Palais, I had never been there before being still fairly new to Mexico.It is so old and cool and yet cruddy at the same time. Just my kind of place. The skydome bit is quite surreal, a bit Escher-like. I'd like to live in a place like that.
I wore my clacky mules to the concert. It's not really the place to wear clacky mules. Every where I went I was disclaiming my shoes mumbling "noisy shoes" under my breath as a blanket apology to anyone I was annoying.
On Good Friday we went down to Queenscliff for a drive. The original plan was that we were going to go for a scooter ride along the foreshore. There was a huge seafood feast type festival happening when we got there that I thought might be worth a look. None of us were in the mood for munching on mussels at 11 in the morning, so we thought we would have a look at the activities.It was very bloody ho-hum I'm sad to report. However we gladly handed our donations over to the Children's Hospital appeal and moved on for a quick look around the towm. We valiantly followed our 5 year old midget on her scooter to interesting places such as the lolly shop and the book shop and then drove home, feeling mildly dissatisfied.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home