Wednesday, February 16, 2005

I have a counter

Wow. Think I'm becoming serious about this. I now have a counter. Let's see if anyone in their right mind, or not so right mind reads my inane blog.
As for me, how did my day go. Well it seems to be that the powers that be at my workplace aren't going to do anything much about the cleaning contractor that attacked me. It seems he has a brain tumour. On top of that he is an alcoholic. Apparently the medication for his tumour and the grog do not mix. So apparently because everyone feels a bit sorry for him, he's allowed to do crazy things and abuse people and push them through doorways. OK, I wasn't physically harmed in any way. But I was completely freaked out and was quite scared, in fact couldn't stop shaking.
Well I feel sorry for him too. But he shouldn't be working in a place where little things can trigger him off. If I had been one of my company's clients, I think it might have been a different story.
My boss is a very decent Christian man. Very compassionate, likes to look after the people under his wing. However, I think in this case he's treading the wrong side of a fine line. A small part of me feels like resigning because of it, but I know rationally I'm probably looking for an "out".
On a positive note about work, I got really busy during the afternoon, and the time flew. I think its time to try and keep that work rate up all the time and be as efficient as I possibly can be. You know, score some brownie points and perhaps occassionally enjoy what I do. How novel!
Today my daughter thinks I am very funny. Any day that my 5 year old daughter thinks that is a good day. In fact for a while she couldn't stop laughing at a few things I was saying. Oh! The absolute joy in my heart! She has a beautiful joyful erupting laugh. The kind of sound that makes the world go round.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home