Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It was the Ron Hovey room!



This is the picture of the Thanksgiving Service held at St Mary's Basilica after the Cats won the flag last year, celebrated by my friend, Father Dillon. Ron Hovey & Frank Costa in the photo.

This post is dedicated to my readership of one, with many thanks for his loyalty and supremely good taste in football teams.

Marcus, I messed up - it was not the Bob Davis room (I don't think there is such a thing), it was the Ron Hovey Room. And there is no romantic story about how I got to be there - no long lost footballers in the family etc. I just purchased tickets on Members Purchase Day for that game, and they were sent to me. Before I turned up at the ground that day - I didn't even know where the room was! I had seen the glassed in area at the back, but always thought it was corporate boxes or something.

My daughter and I decided we didn't really like the experience - far too sterile and quiet. And we're of the embarrassing kind - we like to yell and scream and get into it - Carn the Cats! But it was all a little too polite. Tiny bits of polite clapping, almost like being in a library!

I'm upset today about my Chappy. He's my fave, and he's gammy hammy is acting up - here's hoping he'll be right for the final (God willing we make it that far!). At my daughter's school, they always say prayers for the Geelong Cats players that are injured - that cracks me up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home