Monday, January 29, 2007

2nd weird thing


I am a human flotation device. However I'm not colour-coded in the safety colours of red, yellow or orange (unless I am sunburnt). I'm one of those people who can read a book while floating in the pool. I can recline on my side whilst floating. I'm of those people who does not sink in the water even though I am not moving at all. Treading water? Who needs it.

Sadly this also means that I cannot be a scuba diver. I tried once. I had to wear the most massive weight belt. I could not rise to the surface even when I wanted to. Which caused me to panic. Panicking+ Scuba Diving = no good. Money > drain.

Apparently it's all got to do with the distribution of air between my fat cells. I am fat by the way, but this is irrelevant. Apparently I also have a lot of air between my fat. yay.

I've just done a google-search on this, and obviously didn't type in a very good search specification. The nett result of my search is that I would really like to try a flotation tank. This is completely beside the point. I am seriously considering writing a post on my short attention span. Perhaps this will be the third weird thing about me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

My Hubby is convinced that his head is so heavy that it will sink and his feet will rise to the surface when he is swimming. maybe he should try it.
I am big, (phat with a ph, baby!) and I do not float like that. Not even close. I am one of those people that can only float with my head in the water. Is that a weird thing about me???
PS how is the puppy?

3:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home