Saturday, February 12, 2005

It's been a while...

It's been a while since I made my last (and first) blog entry. There has been lots happening. Firstly I flew back home from around the other side of the world. Then I've gone back to my mundane job only to be harrassed by a crazy contractor. And now my devil is home and we've added two new members to our family, two Guinea pigs named Romeo and Juliet.
I read a lovely book on the plane - Mitch Albom's "The five people you meet in heaven". I bought it at Los Angeles airport during a fit of boredom and started reading it at the gate lounge. By the time boarding commenced I had only two chapters left and started reading it again as soon as I had my seatbelt buckled. I'm sitting in the plane seat bawling my eyes out (I'm prone to lots and lots of tears) while everybody was loading on the plane. The poor guy sitting a few seats down from me didn't know where to look. By the time the plane took off, the book was finished! And I felt touched by a very sweet story.
My devil and I often talk about the fact that we would like to believe in God. But we just can't. Too scientifically minded? Not sure. Seen too much? Possible. Both our mothers died early, mine when I was 14, his when he was 16. Our mothers both had a certain faith in God, mine not so much towards the end, but she had considered becoming a nun when she was young. The devil's mum was quite religious and faced religious dilemmas because of her illness. I could almost go for religion if I had the guarantee that I could see my beloved mother in "heaven" or whatever happens after you die. It's a whimsical fantasy, and basically I cant be bothered with the other religious bullcrap that will get me to heaven! So (hedging my bets here) I hope that if there is something on the other side, that the love my mother and I shared is strong enough for us to be re-united somehow.
Jet Lag
Gotta love it. My sleep patterns still dont seem right after being home nearly a week. I'm still on North American time. My devil (who I'm now going to refer to as C because I dont wont anybody thinking I'm a devil-worshipper) only flew home on Thursday and he looks so tired, poor bub.
Guinea Pigs
We all had a joyous reunion since we've been home with our five year old daughter, although her behaviour is somewhat dubious. She has been very excited to see C again after him being away five weeks but gets over-exuberant about everything, is nearly climbing the walls and driving me nuts. One of our cats has disappeared in the two weeks that I was away and so we decided to get her some pets of her own. So we now own two sweet little Guinea pigs who are merrily munching away at our back lawn. Our little girl, that will henceforth be known as "I", is very happy, and has announced to us that she always wanted guinea pigs (this is the first we ever heard of this!)
Psychotic Cleaning Contractor
Nobody at work told me that this guy had problems. If I had been warned, I would have walked away from him then and there when he bailed me up for using the disabled toilet. The meeting with all the bosses on Monday should be very interesting. I'm going to try and keep my cool, much easier said than done for me! I dont really want him to lose his job, but he cant carry on acting like a nutter. It's not really safe. And my blood pressure can't stand it for sure!
Till next time....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home